Call for Applications: Postdoctoral Scholarship for Research on Biodiversity Biobanks In SA
The Biodiversity Biobanks South Africa (BBSA), which is funded by the Department of Science & Innovation as part of the South African Research Infrastructure Roadmap (SARIR), is offering a one-year postdoctoral scholarship, with the potential for extension for a further year, to carry out research on the biodiversity biobanks in South Africa.
The objective of this postdoctoral grant is to enhance capacity for research infrastructure assessment and management, specifically biodiversity biobanks.
- Have been awarded their PhD in the last five years (ie. after 2016).
- Have completed a PhD in a relevant discipline where biodiversity biobank materials were collected, processed, stored and used for research purposes.
- Not be employed on a full-time basis, or hold another postdoctoral grant.
- Be South African citizens or permanent residents.
- Be available to take up the postdoctoral fellowship no later than 1 February 2023
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be willing to travel nationally and have an unendorsed driver’s licence which has been held for more than one year.
Interested? Please see attached Advert for postdoctoral fellowship for BBSA October 2022 for more information.
Applications must be submitted to Michelle Hamer at M.Hamer@sanbi.org.za before 16h00 on 30 November 2022.